I’d thought about a mobile WordPress theme for the site for mobile device traffic to be sent to for a while, but I knew that it would be a time investment to set up. I’d need to try to match the design as best I could to the current look, which I might also want to update before I try to duplicate. Since I’m still shirting solo I wasn’t in a big hurry to try to double my site maintenance while also trying to spend the most time possible making shirts.
This became something to address when the last shirt was released and I saw 50% of traffic coming from mobile devices. It seemed like it was time to move on that. Um, now.
During my recent hotel-away-from-homelessness I spent some time reading about responsive web design, seeing some sites in action, and laying out some thoughts on how I might use that for my own devious purposes as they relate to completely inanimate, non-devious shirts.
If you’ve ever worked for a web based company, you might know that the QA sites can be a breeding ground for some odd bits of content that designers just throw in the page so something can fill the div. I’ve seen some crazy stuff in there in jobs previous and I wondered at the time that these bizzarities are possibly relating to the site being a behind the curtain and finally they had a chance to let their latent ROLF bubble over.
So now, I got to do some mockups.
I confirmed that suspicion in what felt like one swift stroke.
But since this is my show, and you are my people, I just get to take it further and share.